Sunday, February 1, 2015

MY Favorite Things' First Cards and Challenges



Hey there! my dear friends, readers, and visitors! It's Super Bowl Sunday night as I write this post. We had a massive blizzard here at the Midwest today, so I've been home all day long doing one of the things I like to do the most: crafting! 
I own quite a few Dienamics dies, Ink pads, (which are my favorites) from My Favorite things, but for for some reason I did'd have any of their stamps, last week I ordered a really cute one, (BB Sweet birthday wishes). The other one at the top of my wish list is out of the stock right now, so I have to wait. (BB you have my heart)
I've been a follower of the MFT blog for a long time and finally I decided to entered their challenges: Color Challenge No. 14 and the Sketch Challenge No. 213
Being challenged is one of my favorite ways of crafting, I love the pressure of good challenge, such as time, or colors, that's how I got into blogging (10 Minute Craft Dash).
I had heart broken over my card for the sketch challenge, but I just decided to get over it, and go on with the card! (see my Instagram for details on that LOL)
It took me a long time to make this card (sketch challenge), I tried different colors of mats, and I came with all of that! That is the only stamp with images and sentiments that I own from MFT the other one is a stripped background. So my options were limited. The card for the color challenge was much quicker to make
I hope you like these cards and enjoy them, supplies bellow.










Supplies:
Color Challenge:
BB Sweet Birthday Wishes stamp set and its coordinated Dienamisc dies, Blueprints 20, Stitched Tags Stax.
Cardstock: Nightshift Blue (card base), Grapesicle, Sour Apple, white.
Inks: Sour Apple, Grape Jelly, Nightshift Blue (dye inks),  Black licorice Hybrid ink, by MFT, 
Distress Dusty Concord, Lots of dots stamps set from SSS
Copic markers: BV 00, BV 02, BV 04, YG 03, YG 05, YG 07, E93, E95, E97, B23, B24, Colorless blender, Tombow Mono Multi liquid ashesive, foam ashesive, white gel pen.
Sketch Challenge: 
BB Sweet Birthday Wishes stamp set and its coordinated Dienamisc dies, Blueprints 20, by MFT
Inks: Sour Apple, Blue Raspberry, Cotton Candy, Banana Split, Black licorice Hybrid ink, by MFT
Copic markers: BG 01, BG 02, RV 00, RV 02, RV 32, RV 11, E 93, E 95, E 97, E 00, E 01, E 02, E 11, E 21, E 25, E 31, E 33, E 35, Colorless blender,Tombow Mono Multi liquid adhesive, foam adhesive, white gel pen.
The blue card base is Tropical Breeze cardstock by Bazzil, I also used the "Lots of dots stamp set by SSS

Thanks so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. You have such a SWEET and colorful style, Heidi!

    Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi I don't know why this post have only one comment it's absolutly AWESOME, I love the color, the dies you used, all the card is amazing ! Sorry I was late for comment, Love Love Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MFT BB stamps are MY favorite as well - seriously I'm totally smitten! And you are using my absolute favorite MFT blueprint die set. I MUST HAVE that tiny scallop! hehe Love your cards so much!

    ReplyDelete