Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lawnscaping Challenge No. 79: Color pencils card!

Hey is Heidi here!. I received my crafty order yesterday and I stared to work right away on the new techniques that I wanted to try for Lawnsacping Challenge No. 79
The technique I am showcasing today is coloring with pencils. Oh yes color pencils! I was so excited to get to use coloring pencils again after so many years. It felt funny at the beginning since I am so used to markers, but as soon as I stared blending with gamsol I thought: Oh wow! It is pretty much about the same concept of coloring with markers. The gamsol dissolves the wax from the colors making them easy to blend. I only have twenty four color pencils so I did not have a lot of colors to combine,  but overall it was a great experience. I am glad I got to try it!
I will definitely keep working with color pencils.
The colors that I have in these card were chosen by my eight year old boy who  is into the castles, dragons, knights and that sort of things. he was also wondering why I was coloring with color pencils. I thought that was funny!
I am using the "Critters ever after" stamp set for the first time, and I had fallen in love with it! (really? as usual)
I hope you'll enjoy my card and I will be back this week with the last of the three techniques that I wanted to try for this great challenge.
I wont have any time to use my third entry because I had a test this afternoon and time is up for entries. I hope they"ll have this great challenge again soon. It encourages me to try new techniques!






 
 
I was not sure which background looked better, so I uploaded both pictures!
 
 
 
Your kind comments make my day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Really cute card! Love your mix of color and patterned paper. Nice job. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! The colors turned out great on this card! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

    ReplyDelete