Sunday, December 1, 2013

Advent Holiday Craft Series Day 7: Mini Album plus book and movie series start today!



Hi, today all the family is exited, the countdown to Christmas started and I am going to share with you the children’s book we will be reading every day along with the movie we will be watching as a family. They are not in any particular number except for day one which we already chose because we think is the nicest most meaningful Christmas movie and book. But that is just our opinion; I am sure every family has different favorites.

For today We are reading a book that I considered really appropriate being from Iowa (I am not originally from Iowa though this is where home is so this is where the heart is) "The book is call Twelve Days Of Christmas in Iowa" Written and illustrated By Sue F. Cornelison.



For the Movie we are watching: Santa Buddies A Dysney Movie. My son loves it and I do too! We watch this movie any time of the year.




Last but not least I want to share with you a craft project that I created for day seven. I have to confess that this project is completely out of my comfort zone. For two reasons, one, I don't usually create mini albums. Two, my crafting style is bright and bold in colors, and more of whimsical instead of vintage. Maybe for some people that specialize in vintage this is not so vintage after all. However, I have to say that I had lots of fun creating this project and also it came very easy to me. It kind of reminded me of my childhood, I love the final product and I hope you'll enjoy it too.

I did create this mini album at my local craft store so I don't own hardly any of the dies that I used on it; the patterned papers are from the Christmas Emporium Collection by Graphic 45 (2011). It is an adorable collection, I felt in love with it! ( yes it is one of those that i have been hoarding) You may not be able to find this collection any more, but any Graphic 45 Christmas collection has this adorable, nostalgic feel, and a similar look, so you can customize the mini album to your desires.






I hope you'll enjoy everything from today's post and I'll see you tomorrow for day eight.

 
Thanks to everyone who stops by!

No comments:

Post a Comment